We collect and processes the personal information of anyone who accesses our website and/or chooses to become our customer.
Personal information Includes:
- Information we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- Information collected on submission like when you create an account;
- Optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect or obtain Personal Information about you in the following ways:
- Through direct interactions with you;
- Through automated or passive interactions with you;
- When you visit / or interact with our website or our various social media platforms;
- CCTV; and
- Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
Sensitive Personal Data:
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal data like your bank account details.
Purposes of Processing:
We will use your Personal Information solely for the purpose for which it was intended during initial collection thereof. We will only ever use your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if such purpose constitutes a legitimate interest and is compatible with the primary purpose and allows us to lawfully fulfil our duties and services to you.
For us to serve you completely and for legitimate business purposes, we may need to pass your personal information on to third parties, such as our service providers (e.g. courier services of your choice). Through continuing the use of our website and services it signifies your consent to us passing your Personal Information onto those third parties.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we are required to disclose or share such information by the law of Namibia to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of Langerhans, its customers, and others.
We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of your personal data by third parties who are not subject to our control
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information that is in our possession against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure and unauthorised access, in accordance with applicable law. Only authorised employees have access to your personal information.
The Personal Information you provide to us should be accurate, complete, and up to date. Should Personal Information change, it is your duty to notify us of the change and provide us with the accurate, correct, and updated data.
- to be notified immediately in the rare occurrence that your Personal Information is being collected or that your Personal Information has been accessed by an unauthorised person e.g. where a hacker might have accessed our system.
- to request access to your Personal Information;
- to request us, to correct or delete your Personal Information;
- to object, on reasonable grounds, to the processing of your Personal Information;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Information for purposes of direct marketing;
- not to be subject, in certain circumstances, to a decision which is based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Information;
- to immediately notify and submit a complaint to the company if you believe that there has been interference with the protection of your Personal Information.
We may process Personal Information for the purpose of direct marketing and providing you with information that may be of interest to you. We will only send you direct marketing materials if you have specifically opted-in to receive these materials.